Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!
Moth Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holly- Spells/rituals needed

5 posters

Go down

Holly- Spells/rituals needed Empty Holly- Spells/rituals needed

Post  TheMothPrince Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Hello darlings! I have gotten my hands on quite a bit of holly leaves (no berries just yet) but i was curious if anyone has any spells or rituals that involve them? Specifically for dream magic and protection. I cant seem to find much information but if anyone has any, i would certainly appreciate it!
TheMothPrince
TheMothPrince
Admin

http://mothmail.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Holly- Spells/rituals needed Empty Re: Holly- Spells/rituals needed

Post  NakaliRivers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 pm

i don't have anything specifically on it, but you stated before that you had a very wide and eclectic array of beliefs, you could try asking a blessing of the forest, pray and state what you wish of the offering, and bury the holly leaves in the earth. if you can't find any spells for them, i'd say that's your best bet. returning items back to the earth gives you good karma points lol
NakaliRivers
NakaliRivers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothPrince Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:19 pm

I may have to do just that if I have no use for them. Thank you dear. ♥
TheMothPrince
TheMothPrince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NakaliRivers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:21 pm

not a problem, for future reference, this process can be used for anything, including glass, stone, cards, etc. because well, everything comes from the earth right?

if the item cracks on it's own will, or falls off of a shelf and becomes damaged and has significant value to you, you always bury it back to the earth, because your use for it is no longer valid, so it technically becomes the earth's. kinda rambling on about things that i've been taught, but hey, i mostly use this for herbs i don't need or any glass/athame/stones that break or crack.
NakaliRivers
NakaliRivers

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:23 pm

As far as protection goes, making pouch-amulets is never a bad choice. I'm a big believer in writing your own spells or doing them off the cuff, but every time I've made one for such a purpose it's been a matter of consecrating it for protection, envisioning a white light coming off the object, etc. Throw in something like tiger's eye or hematite for protection, as well. Maybe add a simple, handwritten "Protect me," note inside. It's all up to you. As for dream magic, I hear holly is used in incense a lot. You could try to make your own (I'm sure there's a recipe online somewhere if it's not in any of your books). Something as simple as meditating with incense going before bed, hanging holly above your head or leaving it under your pillow after you've used it in ritual could be good.
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

http://wakemewhennightfalls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothPrince Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Lovely lovely advice<3 You two are fantastic. I will likely keep a few leaves and give the rest back as I wont need it.
TheMothPrince
TheMothPrince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NakaliRivers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:25 pm

maybeimmorbid, you just gave me an awesome idea.
joji, you could dry the leaves and incorporate them into a home made dream catcher as well. that's a fantastic way to use them once blessing the leaves.
NakaliRivers
NakaliRivers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMothPrince Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Ah! Fantastic idea! I hadnt even thought of that.
TheMothPrince
TheMothPrince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Glad I could be of help. And Joji, I'll be going to the new age store in town tonight... I'll see if I can find any more info about what to do with holly leaves. All I know about them really is that I was born under them according to Celtic astrology. Which reminds me... "Holly signs may look to Ash and Elder signs for balance and partnership."
You (J) are an Ash. Smile So aside from being best mates once I send your British candy (will also be looking for it in Italy this spring, but no promises they'll have it), if you still need mods, I'll be glad to do it since we'd be good partners. Ha!
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

http://wakemewhennightfalls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jix Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Just beware of the berries, as they are dangerous if not used properly. Very Happy Gerina Dunwich (I recommend her books) has a list of other herbs and plants that are dangerous if not used properly, in her book "Candlelight Spells."
Jix
Jix

Back to top Go down

Post  Auxiliatrus Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Keeping sprigs of holly by the door is thought to block out negative energy, and when the leaves are carried, they bring luck to the carrier. I've heard that keeping them in pillowcases or about the bed brings one restful, restorative sleep... its association with dream magic specifically is to bring dreams about loved ones.
Auxiliatrus
Auxiliatrus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum