Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!
Moth Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello Lovelies

3 posters

Go down

Hello Lovelies Empty Hello Lovelies

Post  Foolish Arachni Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm April Rose, April is fine though (unless you just want to be delightfully formal).
I've been researching neopaganism and witchcraft for eight years. Sometimes I identify as a Polythiest, sometimes as an Atheist, or something in between. My witchcraft tends to be pretty eclectic.
I've been trying to lucid dream for the past year with no success. I have pretty good dream recall, and keep a dream journal, but lucid dreaming for me has been an utter failure. I would love to talk with anyone who has advice on this topic.
Thank you, Mister Grey, for creating Moth Mail, I'm looking forward to participating with great enthusiasm.
On another note, if anyone has any information about, or would like to share their experiences with acupuncture, I would greatly appreciate it. I've had Ulcerative Colitis, an auto-immune disease, for 14 years, and I'm trying to find reliable ways of managing symptoms without having to continue taking absurd amounts of medication like I have been.
If anyone has other questions they would like to ask me, feel free.
Foolish Arachni
Foolish Arachni

Back to top Go down

Hello Lovelies Empty Re: Hello Lovelies

Post  Wonderland Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 am

Merry meet, April! I hope your journey of the magical world is complete bliss and full of everything you had ever wanted.

Wonderland

Back to top Go down

Post  Foolish Arachni Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:47 am

Thank you Wonderland, I hope yours is as well. It's certainly been one of the most beautiful experiences I've had the opportunity to participate in.
Foolish Arachni
Foolish Arachni

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 am

Hello miss Rose,
I do have to say that I am very jealous of your ability to remember dreams, I'm so bad at it X/. The only time I can remember any form of dream is when I'm still half asleep and decide to go back to bed...and even then I don't really consider that dreaming lol. But lucid dreaming is quite a tricking thing, I have attempted it many times and it just causes my brain to over think and therefore prevent me from sleeping.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Hello Lovelies Empty Remebering Dreams

Post  Foolish Arachni Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 pm

Hello Tuesday,
It took me a while to start remembering my dreams frequently. The key to remembering dreams is to create a shift in consciousness that prioritizes them. Even if you only remember those half-asleep half-awake dreams, try writing them down in a journal. It can take a month or two of consistently doing this before you start remember dreams from REM stage sleep. Having a regular sleep schedule and making sure you get between 7-9 hours of sleep will also help. Too much, too little, or fragmented sleep can make it difficult to remember dreams because your brain is just so tired, and your REM stage may be decreased, with longer deep sleep stages.
The half-awake half-asleep state is just as valid in my opinion as any other. They can be brought about by a dream you were having just before you woke up, and they can lead to further dreaming if you fall asleep while still focused on it. I've heard it's also particularly helpful for slipping into a lucid dream, but that hasn't worked for me yet.
The extent of lucidity I've been able to achieve so far is sometimes being able to wake myself up from a nightmare, but even then I'm not sure if it's a dream or not until I wake up.
Foolish Arachni
Foolish Arachni

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:14 pm

7-9 hours of sleep? Well that could be why I'm not all that great at remembering my dreams lol.
I have a horrible sleep pattern, I either sleep to much or not at all. I mean back when I was in high school during the week I would sleep 5 hours max and the weekend I would pretty much sleep the morning away. There's a slight advantage to not being able to remember my dreams (or being to tired to sleep) is that I don't have (or remember) nightmares.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum