Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!
Moth Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from the island

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from the island Empty Greetings from the island

Post  TuesdayLovina Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Tuesday, I'm an 18 years old and from Canada. I started down the Pagan path when I was about 11, I actually learned about this path when I was sleeping over at a friends house when she was doing a full moon ritual. I didn't really start looking into the path until I was like 12 or 13, sadly there were a of couple points in secondaire were I didn't have the time to focus on my path because school became to overwhelming and they lasted longer then I wanted (like a few months at a time). But now that I'm out of school I can now be fully dedicated to working on my path and furthering my Pagan studies.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Greetings from the island Empty Re: Greetings from the island

Post  NakaliRivers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 pm

very interesting story, thank you for sharing it with us, and welcome to the forums!
NakaliRivers
NakaliRivers

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Secondaire? Oh my swears, you must be French. Very Happy J'm ca. Je connais une femme de BC. La nature, c tres belle la. Viens-tu de la cote? J'ai envie d toi. Smile
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

http://wakemewhennightfalls.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm

J'tes nee au New Brunswick mais mon pere est dans le militaire so on a demanager beaucoup.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:53 pm

J'ai une ex de Bathurst. NB, c une belle provence aussi mais le dialect est trop etrange. Razz C ch, pas je? Je ne comprends. Voulais rester la ou preferais revenir a NB?

Desole si le francais que j'ecris est merde. Je l'ai etudie a secondaire... 3 annees passe.
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 am

Ouais...sa fait du temps que j'etais dans un ecole francophone. J'ai fait presque tout mon secondaire dans un ecole anglophone mais j'appelle "high school" secondaire tout le temps meme chose avec quelque classe. Mais le seul chose en francais que j'ai fait pendent les annees de 9iem et l'annee passe c'est aider les prof de francais so j'ai comme tellement peur que je perde mon francais DX
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:01 am

Out of irritation with other people, I'll reply in English this time. We obviously have no French schools down here. I was in a French immersion program for awhile in high school. I actually loved it, but when I switched schools I was in a regular class with a bunch of dimwits who could not speak French. Not even the teacher. He used slang from the 80s, and it was not a fun time because he hated me for correcting him. As it were, he gave me four semesters of uni credit in French and let me be captain of the academic team. I wish I could still be in a class, but it has to wait another school year. I have no idea how I'm going to pick it back up. I went from near-fluent to, as you can see, using only basic phrases to get by. But I'll be spending a semester in France if I stay in my American university (the girlfriend is from England, and she REALLY wants to go back... with me). Rennes, on the coast. The downside, they don't speak French. They speak Breton. Kind of like Acadian, except it isn't just sailor-talk. It's Irish, as well. Hopefully, if nothing else, I can take the ferry to Ireland over break and spend some time connecting to my Pagan roots over there. I really, REALLY abhor America. Most Canadians understand my disdain, so I'll just throw it out there that it is not a fun country to be anything I am. I may end up in Europe after all, though my friend from BC says Canada is heaps better.
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 am

I've lost a lot of my french since being out of french schools so I'm with you on only really remembering basic things lol. I know exactly how you feel about having to educate people, I pretty much T.A. for french classes from grade 10-12. I would love, just absolutely love to be able to go to France...or anywhere in Europe actually, it's actually on my bucket list to visit some of the places my family stems from. According to my father at some point in time back when my family was more of a clan we were in France and moved to England and kind of stayed there until the colony of North America was create, so I'm kind of hoping that at some point my family's clan was in Germany because that would just be great Laughing . I've never had any trouble being a Pagan here...except maybe trying to find shops and minor things like that but then again I think that's more on the lines of me not really paying attention.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Living in the Bible Belt makes it tough sometimes. I'm blessed to be in a city where we at least have a new age shop, but before I moved back to the city, I was getting questioned every day by my classmates and teachers and parents (not mine, everyone else's). Most people also consider me a lesbian, though I identify as transgendered and just have too curvy a body to pass. So that on top of being Pagan gets me a lot of unwanted attention and religious advice. I'm debating where I want to live... I love coastal cities. I've thought about Massachusetts, Maine, Washington. But it may end up being Europe after all. Anywhere but small-minded Indiana.
Oh, that's so interesting. Very Happy My family is from all over. Sailed over on the Mayflower, two different parts of my family did. So I'd suppose they were mostly British and Irish, but I have French and Welsh, Cherokee, and (from somewhere unidentifiable, but I have the nose) Jewish lineage as well. The girlfriend is British through-and-through. Moved here when she was 11, I think. So she remembers enough to know America is ridiculously close-minded about things the rest of the world accepts. I guess that's why she wants to get me out of here.
So I don't think I've asked... you said you were Pagan. Is there a specific path you follow?
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Too curvy to pass? Bah nonsense, my bestest buddy is curvier then I am and he's rather masculine, flamboyant but masculine. If I'm heckled at all for anything it's usually because I'm a goth and even then it's pretty much just children pointing and laughing or people gawking. I've moderately decided where I would love to live and that's somewhere in France, but you can never go wrong with coastal cities. That's pretty much all I've lived in and I just love them.
As far as I know my family stems from Ireland, Scotland, England and France. So with all that UK blood you would think I'd be a Celtic or even Anglo-Saxon Pagan but no, I looked into them and what not. But my soul searching lead me to Norse/Germanic Paganism and Shamanism, I still have an insane amount to learn about either path since I just found that it's the right path for me. I tried looking into Celtic Shamanism and the like but they all seemed to miss a certain something but I couldn't figure it out, then I was lead down the line to Norse and it just clicked so lovely ^_^.
What about you? Since you said you wanted to go to Ireland to connect with your Pagan roots I'm going to assume Celtic...?
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  maybeimmorbid Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:41 pm

I have some child-bearing hips, mate. For. Real. Haha. But I uh... I'm not sure. I'm seriously just eclectic, a mix of everything. I definitely dig the Celts. Those Druids were some pretty cool people, but I'm more of a spiritual witch than religiously affiliated. I meant exploring my roots, as in my heritage. Haha. I know quite a few people who are into Nordic or Germanic Paganism. I assume that all people, no matter how they worship, are at least doing right by worshiping something. So I take bits and pieces from all over. Actually, I really like the Greeks. A lot. And gypsies. Very Happy But sure, I'm influenced by Celtic customs too.
I agree with you about coastal cities. GF haaates sand and is allergic to the sun, so she's trying to change my mind. As a cancer, I have to live near some body of water. If we end up in England, that's my deal breaker.
maybeimmorbid
maybeimmorbid

Back to top Go down

Post  TuesdayLovina Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:54 am

Ah I see your point then...
Heritage exploring is always fun, I sadly can only do so much while still in Canada.
Well maybe you GF could invest in parasols? lol There's nothing (in my mind) classier then a pretty parasol and a nice outfit to match ^_^.
TuesdayLovina
TuesdayLovina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum