Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Moth Mail
It's Nice To See You Again!
Moth Mail
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Books for the Beginner

2 posters

Go down

Books for the Beginner Empty Books for the Beginner

Post  NakaliRivers Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:24 pm

I thought I'd bring up some good reading material for the young souls who are out there wondering where they can get a good start, and those who are on their path, and looking to rephresh some knowledge. This topic will follow a list of books you can purchase that will help you on your path, and help you get a good base of knowledge.

)Paganism: An Introduction Into Earth-Centered Religions(
Authors: Joyce and River Higginbotham

Books for the Beginner Pagan1
This is an amazing book to start out with, and actually, the one that got me into paganism. It will teach you what paganism is, how it is defined, it's members, and how to practice. I can't say much more about it, other than if you have no knowledge of the religion, and would like to start, this is a great way to start.

Links on where to find it.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0738702226/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

)The Wicca Handbook(
Author: Eileen Holland

Books for the Beginner Pagan1-1
This book quite honestly, would be my number one choice for anyone interested even remotely in Wicca, and becoming a witch. "Paganism: An Introduction into Earth-Centered religions" is a book for people who want to become more familiar with exactly that, earth centered religions in a whole. This book however, takes it from paganism, to a whole other level, this dives into the definition of what a witch is, God and Goddess, incense, past lives, astrology, and so much more. Even including, if I'm positive, tea recipes, and hints on how to better use tools in the craft. If I had to suggest a book for ANYONE here interested in Wicca, please, please pick up this book, I'm currently in the middle of reading parts of it, and it is a fantastically written book, and highly informative, taking people who know absolutely nothing of Wicca, and informing them on everything that has to do with the religion.

Links on where to find it.
http://www.amazon.com/Wicca-Handbook-Eileen-Holland/dp/1578634385/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

Other Reading Material on the Subjects

Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft (Llewellyn's Practical Magick) *Note: Focused on covens, more than solitary*
Author: Raymond Buckland
-
The Goddess Is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch
Author: Deborah Blake
-
Pagan Spirituality: A Guide to Personal Transformation
Author: River Higginbotham, Joyce Higginbotham
-
The Only Wiccan Spell Book You'll Ever Need: For Love, Happiness, and Prosperity
Author: Marian Singer, Trish MacGregor
-
Spells for the Solitary Witch
Author: Eileen Holland
-
Solitary Wicca For Life: Complete Guide to Mastering the Craft on Your Own
Author: Arin Murphy-Hiscock

NakaliRivers
NakaliRivers

Back to top Go down

Books for the Beginner Empty Re: Books for the Beginner

Post  GypsyPunk Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Here are some books that I am planning on adding to my shelf.

Essential Asatru: Walking the Path of Norse Paganism
By Diana L. Paxson

Books for the Beginner Essential%20Asatru%20Walking%20The%20Path%20Of%20Norse%20Paganism

Living Asatru
By Greg Shetler

Books for the Beginner 41WsFonIeyL._SL500_AA300_

Exploring the Northern Tradition: A Guide to the Gods, Lore, Rites, and Celebrations from the Norse, German, and Anglo-Saxon Traditions
By Galina Krasskova

Books for the Beginner Exploring%20The%20Northern%20Tradition

Asatru Book of Blotar and Rituals
By Eoghan Odinsson / The Asatru Folk Assembly

Books for the Beginner 320

Northern Lore: A Field Guide To The Northern Mind, Body & Spirit
By Eoghan Odinsson

Books for the Beginner 320
GypsyPunk
GypsyPunk

http://jupiter-oculus.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down